Beta Opened: Privacy Center!

Excellent feedback!!
On it to see what we can do.

@karenc Google Chrome Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox Version 79.0 (64-bit), both on Windows 10. Build 18363.959

1 Like

Hello everyone,

here is my feedback so far:

Translation

I guess there’s a bug there, the translation does not happen automatically all the time, when you change the language of the backend.

In the screenshots you will see a mix of German and English.

Multilingual Websites

In such websites, the banner is displayed in one language only. Although the texts are from Wix and available in different languages, when you change the language on the website, the text stays the same (in the main language).
Here is an example:
German

English

French

On the Live Website

Most of the time, after you’ve activated the banner, the first time you visit the live website, it does not show up correctly. (You will have to refresh the page).
Here are some examples from different websites:

Different Fonts in different Browsers and Systems

In MacOS, it shows a font like Helvetica (Chrome and Safari) and Times (FireFox) and in Windows, it shows Times or the like (I did not check what the exact fonts are).
Here are the examples:
Windows (Chrome and FireFox)

MacOS (Chrome and Safari)

MacOS (FireFox)

The Pages

In the settings of the banner, not all pages are shown in the list.
Sometimes, you are lucky and the page you want is there and most of the time, you will have to set it up as an external link.

A Couple of extra Wishes

• Font and color customization

• User defined placement of the banner (Header, Footer, Popup)

Thank you!

2 Likes

WOW can you QA all our features please??? This is excellent feedback, thank you Abdul!
I’ll take these with our development team and see what we can do!

3 Likes

@karenc
Thank you, Karen!
I do my best. Most of the time, I check and test the features that are relevant for me and the clients.
Of course, it is nice to be able to help develop Wix and its services.

1 Like

@graphics reproduced and fixing! thank you Del!

1 Like

You need to opt in, like Karen said :slight_smile:

Yes I have the same issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes loving this and the same issues as others…
If a page is hidden I cannot link to it i.e. my privacy policy as an external link
Would love the ability to customise font and colours/design more
I would also like for site visitor to be able to access the cookies via a link and update their settings.
Finally and this may be a big ask but I would love a privacy policy maker. So I select the sections and apps I have included and i get an automated policy…

On the whole great job guys - THANK YOU :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A second from me on this Pocket Rocket! in particularly the privacy policy maker. This would be fabulous!

1 Like

@karenc just for fun I checked MS Edge Version 84.0.522.52 (Official build) (64-bit) and had the same results.

@karenc he’s exactly right about the browser’s ‘default’ fonts displaying rather than inheriting from the site’s css. I can confirm it is Times New Roman on windows browsers, which I think is strange to begin with. It’s universal across all the chromium-based windows browsers.

1 Like

The tab of the Privacy Center is totally gone from the backend and the banner on the live website has also disappeared. That’s not good! :confused:

Sorry guys we have an ongoing issue, it’ll be back ASAP!

1 Like

I see the latest above notice @karenc when it does come back up, hopefully soon. If I add it to a clients site and transfer to their account I assume we lose as in beta? So I am better off using the cookie app until its live and out of beta on sites I transfer to the clients account…

If you add it to a user’s site and only afterwards transfer it to them the banner will remain. However, after transfer when you are a contributor of the website, you will not have access to the privacy center.
What role do you have as a contributor for their site? I’m wondering if perhaps it makes sense to open the privacy center to contributors as well.

1 Like

I would probably set myself up as admin. Great as I am in the process of setting up a site for a client and hope to transfer over next week it will be great if the banner transfer too and yes would also be good to have access as contributor, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@karenc another thing I noticed is that the default advanced settings has the user opted out of most cookies rather than opted in. I’ve noticed on other sites it’s the opposite where you have to opt-out of those advanced cookie settings.

1 Like

UPDATE: This has been temporarily suspended. I will notify you when it is enabled again.

Gracias!