Shipping Rates SPI Extension Not Showing on Settings Dashboard

Hello,

I just completed a custom shipping rates SPI integration/extension using Velo, and although everything checks out from the logs, and I can run my function from the Velo Development Mode section of the editor, I don’t see the extension showing up in the “Installed Apps” section on the shipping settings of the Wix dashboard. The docs say that it could take a little while for it to show up, but it has been over a week now.

Has anyone else had this problem? I haven’t been able to receive any support for this yet from Wix.

Thank you!
Taylor

Do you have. your ticket number from support? Happy to see if I can find out the status of why you have not heard back yet

Hi @amandam ,

Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I called a week or two ago and the agent said he was going to forward the case to the Velo team and open a ticket but I never got an email about it, so I don’t have a ticket number except for Request #1780479475 which was the original conversation with the regular Wix support agent.

I’m sorry ot hear you have been waiting, I will pass this along now to investigate. In the meantime definitely check your spam and such if you haven’t already as that’s unusual to not hear.

It’s ok, thank you for responding. I checked my spam, nothing there.

You should have a response from support in your email now.

1 Like

Hi Amanda,

I got a response from the support team that the issue was reproducible and passed along to the internal development team. Do you know if there is any update on the issue?

Hello,

I just wanted to check in to see if there is an update on this. We are somewhat stalled on an important project because of this issue.

Thank

Is there any update on this @amandam ? I haven’t heard back for a couple weeks now… Thank you!

Thank you @amandam , I appreciate it. The ticket is still #1780479475. Last update I got was from Dara saying it was forwarded to the internal team as a bug.

Sorry to bump, we are really stuck on this and it’s hindering a lot of our ordering capacity. If there’s an update I would appreciate it! Thank-you!

Hey john, did you figured out how to use the shipping SPI correctly ? i would like your help