3rd party API issue with Wix Studio

I just upgraded my Editor X site to Wix Studio.

It seems like my integration with the membership platform Memberspace using custom elements is no longer working, i.e. I’m no longer able to pull member data from Memberspace into Wix page code.

There’s an error in the console log that I don’t remember seeing before that might be related

But I hadn’t even heard of Firebase before so I don’t know where to start to fix this. Does anyone know if there’s a significant difference between Editor X and Wix Studio when it comes to custom elements? Or what else might be going on?

First of all this is not an error it’s a warning if you did not try please try if your code is still working or not as you expect.

Firebase is a platform like Wix that’s managed by Google but it’s something much more different than Wix. Probably platform you use is using Firebase APIs and warning is coming from these APIs.

I don’t know where you see this log but you shouldn’t see that log in your live site because your live site is not hosted at manage.wix.com it’s interesting that log is showing this domain, not sure why.

Try to test your code if it fails share the code and if possible also the URL and explain what you expect but what’s not working, so I can help you better.

The code is not working as it was before. The site is still under construction BTW, but I was using code to get the logged in member ID and show a message in the console or turn a text element into the ID. It’s no longer doing those.

I have the Memberspace API in the custom element JS file, the relevant part is this:

})
}

Then I do this in the page code to show a message in the console and to populate the member ID in a text element:

This was previously working fine and since migrating to Wix Studio, is no longer working.

I usually leave the site unpublished so I don’t think a URL will be of help but if necessary I’ll keep it online for a while so let me know. Thanks again for your help.

Please do not share the code as image paste it into codeblocks using backticks. (CTRL+E)

I can’t understand the code with only few parts of it I don’t know what does getMsReadyPromise doing what you import etc.

It’s better to share a URL with me so I can inspect the code from the browser. Also when you are previewing your site in the editor custom elements are rendered as iframes and maybe this can create problems with your code.

Things like member data should be tested in a test site which is a published version of the site (live site).

I do test the site by publishing it but I unpublish it afterwards because it’s still under construction, so I don’t really use Preview to test it.

As I mentioned, it was working fine up until migrating to Wix Studio so I do know that the code was working fine.

I just noticed that one more (unrelated) piece of my code all of a sudden is not working, this is from another JS file that I import into the page code.

I do appreciate your offering to take a look at the code but it really seems like something has changed with Wix Studio and out of nowhere parts of my code have stopped working.

I’ll keep troubleshooting and get back to you if I’m concerned about the code - but it would be great if anyone can chime in on what might be going on with Wix Studio.

Realized I had made a change to the JS file as I was migrating to Wix studio - that was the issue, not Wix Studio itself. Problem solved.