Beta Opened: Accessibility Wizard!

Hi Dan,
we didn’t manage to reproduce so far, can you please provide more details? which browsers? which website? any detail can help.

@juliet we fixed the issue which caused the circles in step 3. Let me know if there is anything else you stumble upon.

As for H4, 5, 6 - heading levels define the structure of the content of the page:
H1 - what this page is about
H2 - title of each section
H3 - the titles of each subsection
etc.
From the research we did we found that pages with more then 3 hierarchy levels are very rare (home page of nba.com and nytimes.com don’t get to h4), so we decided to keep it simple in the wizard, and offer only what you’ll probably use.
That being said, you can always define from the component itself any hierarchy level you want.

1 Like

Hello really good, but it gave me a hard time on some issues.
He asks me to choose words for the meaning of the page, but it only gives me options. The options were Communication and nonsense words found on page. I could not find my slogan among the options. I said he wants my H1. I looked at my slogan and fixed that I didn’t set it as H1, but it still continued to show that deficiency and it’s not add to options. I was also curious about the other steps, so I had to choose something.

Ideas that come to my mind;
For SEO, if the page description section is blank or the same as on another page, it can warn as a suggestion.
If there is the word “copy” in the page domains, if there are meaningless numbers and signs, if not hyphenated, the between words can warn as suggestions.
If the Social Media image is not selected, it can warn as a suggestion.
If there are few words on a page, it can warn as a suggestion.

You’ve probably thought of these things, you say BETA after all.
I just wanted to convey my thoughts, best regards…

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your feedback and ideas Izel. :slight_smile:

@nirho I have provided a Team member video examples and more info via FB. So far it happens with every site I’ve tried. Using Chrome.

@nyctophiliartcontact thanks for your feedback!
we did some improvements with the headings. might work better for you now, but we are still ironing out some issues. Indeed a BETA :slight_smile:

as for your SEO ideas, I’ll pass them to the relevant team.

2 Likes

For me is over the top.
Hoping I can use as soon as possible on my custumer website

2 Likes

It’s worth the wait :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will try this out !

1 Like

Enjoy - let us know what you think!

Hi, Great job!
It will also be in the editor X?

@nirho Thank you for this clarification! Myself - I’ve typically used the H1 Header… in the header of the site and then had H2 as the first title of each page… was I incorrect this whole time? Or is and example of what may be SEO friendly but not Accessibility friendly?

I guess the real questions for me is - what is going on in the header? I imagine in the header everything sits under the tag in Wix’s hidden html structure. So, when I drag a basic text box (whether it be a H1, H2, H6, or whatever) in the Wix Editor and attach it to the header - does Wix automatically translate that into a tag for me with my desired styles? And this isn’t something I should even worry about (in terms of either SEO or Accessibility?).

Love the Accessibility Wizard (works perfectly for me on Step 1 - Step 2 it starts going into a feedback loop where it won’t save or publish - the save/preview/publish button just keep flashing a blue line back and forth and then I have to refresh my browser. Every time, I’ve gone onto Step 2 and on two different sites now). Step 2 aside, it certainly has made me rethink things and for the better as you can see from my response above. I just love this feature. Look forward to seeing it’s evolution!

Really impressed - easy to use and great you can edit in the Wizard. As a partner it takes a little paid work away from us as we often do these sort of tidy ups for people.

1 Like

The wizard doesn’t open at all in the Safari browser, and on chrome for mac, it opens sometimes, and sometimes not…

Make sure you clear your cache. I’ll make sure the team sees this though! Thanks Tomer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can use it in Safari, although if I’ve been editing a lot on the site then it doesn’t open and I have to come out and go back in.

@tomer123com we fixed something, should be deployed in the next 24 hrs
please let me know if you still see this problem

1 Like

Is this all working now, I have a community council asking for me do do some work on accessibility for their site. The last I heard was that it was not all working in particular the percentage of colour and text review was off? Thanks :slight_smile:

no known issue around color contrast percentage. if you find something please let us know.

@nirho good to know thanks, so it it out of beta? :slight_smile: