Beta Unlocked: 3 New Mobile Features!

We have fixed the issue. You can remove the Welcome Screen if you like to.
:frowning:

2 Likes

We have fixed the issue. You can remove the Welcome Screen if you like to.
:frowning:

Tell us how you like it!

Yes, same issue here…

Hi everybody,
Due to the bug of the X button disappears when then header is set to freeze we are pausing the menu beta for the weekend.
If you already added the new menu to your site IT WILL WORK AS IT IS so no need to panic, it will also be available to you in the editor to edit and publish.

All the rest of betas remains open.
I will update you once we reopen the menu beta.

3 Likes

Thank you for taking care of this.

1 Like

Not showing for my account.

Showing on a few websites. Not all.

Betas are shown only on sites which you are the owner.

i cannot customize the mobile menu as it is done in the video.

Congrats Idan and Olga, fantastic work. I am loving the new welcome screen as it acts a preloader when the site first loads up, and so wonderful you can add your own custom animation, this is going to be a fantastic tool to use.

I did notice, as you navigate through your site on mobile, if you refresh any page on the site, the welcome screen reappears and plays again? Do you know if there will be a way in the future to only have the welcome screen play when pulling up the home page, and then only once?

Hi @idan-cohen , great new features. We just tried the welcome screen, it’s great, however it looks like it’s not retina friendly? The image we put there looks very pixellated even though we exported it in 300 ppi.

We are working on optimizing the image resolution.

1 Like

Hey and thanks for the feedback. The welcome screen is currently set to load and play on each site load no matter which page is loading (include reload). We are noting all the feedback you are writing in the forum and we will plan our next steps accordingly.

The menu beta is paused for the weekend We will notify here in the forum when it is back on.

1 Like

Hey idan you have done seriously an awesome work. I really really like all these feature so much and specially menu and welcome screen because before that i use light box as a menu which is not very fast and responsive. Now with this new menu option I can replace my lightbox to new menu.
Idan there is one issue with the welcome screen on my site there is wix chat and my site use to show first content in just 1 sec and after that wix chat takes 4 sec to load and then appears but with the welcome screen it takes 5 sec to load site
I think this happen because welcome screen do not close till the site load completely please solve this issue because no one want to see the welcome screen for more than 2 or more second.
my site is www.Orooms.in

@idan-cohen tanke you idan - please notify -i also cant customize the mobile menu .

@copyeiditt Hi, please notify the message above :wink: ; “The menu beta is paused for the weekend We will notify here in the forum when it is back on.” Customizing the mobile menu will be back up soon I hope.

@bymichiel we are waiting!!!

Hi @rishabh-jain
It is always exciting to see such a professional sites like yours built on wix. The mobile version of the site is great!

Regarding your feedback about the welcome screen - the best thing we could do is to let users to choose at which point the welcome screen will be closed (after animation ends, when the site it visible, when the site is fully loaded etc…), but when we build products we have to cut parts so we can finish the development in a reasonable time. We had to take a decision here and we chose to close the welcome screen when the site is fully loaded as it came up as a request from users in different ways.
We know that when we take such a decision the product won’t fit ALL cases and all users, but we are here to listen and if we see that our decision was wrong we will fix :slight_smile:

1 Like