BETA Unlocked: Cheer Up Your Sites with Strip Shape Divider

This beta feature was open to one of the sites I was working on and now it has disappeared. In the process of being disabled, there is now a black line where it used to be on the editor, and on the live site, it has left a line green line. I have my elements in strips and this will cause hours of work to remove the elements and delete the strip. any reason why it was removed?

1 Like

I was so excited to have this option but when i went to my sites to have a look and use this element it is not available on any of them, any idea why? :grinning:

The Beta has had to be paused while they fix a few bugs that were happening

3 Likes

Ahhh thank you, i thought i was being left out :joy:, hope its fixed real soon, can’t wait…lol…

1 Like

I immediately started using this feature. MANY of my clients have been waiting for this to happen. But then they took it away and crushed my design dreams. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Hope they work out the kinks and bring it back asap.

2 Likes

Me too. I have a few sites on pause while I wait for this to be re-released.

2 Likes

The part that is frustrating to me is that this is a BETA. Any of us that started using it understood we were at risk for bugs. I used it on two sites without issues. Those sites had been published and I need to make some tweaks, but I can’t since the feature is gone. If it’s BETA, leave it active. We’ll deal with the bugs. Please bring this back ASAP.

2 Likes

Please bring this back, its long over due, and all my clients want it.

Should Wix Bring Shape Dividers Back? :thinking:

• Yes
  • No
  • It doesn’t matter
1 Like

This poll isn’t really necessary, is it?

A simple read through the comments and you will quickly notice that the Beta has been paused while they fix bugs that have been causing issues with sites.

Besides, while Betas can be used on client sites, they’re not production ready, hence being pushed into Beta rather than a feature release

That’s not how Betas work.

Betas are not production ready, which means they should be used on live sites with caution. Betas can, and sometimes are paused due to bugs that need to be patched. One of the bugs with this feature related to the editor not saving, which is hardly ideal.

The team are working hard to get the back for us, but in the meantime, we’re just gonna have to hold on :grin:

Yup, Your spot on, I’ve read the comments and of course beta’s by definition are “not production ready”.

The whole point of the beta forum is to voice and give feedback on features the community supports, and as they say the squeaky wheel gets greased.…

Feel free to add your voice to the poll or skip it… :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Agreed, the forum is a place to share feedback on features the community supports.

But, they’re already aware that people want this feature (hence the reason they developed it).

It’s not gone forever, simply whilst they fix the bugs

1 Like

Did you have a chance to test it out before it was temporarily pulled? How did you find it?

1 Like

Hi guys, when will this now be available. Can’t wait!

The feature is probably one of the most coherent betas Wix has made. A lot of thought into what’s needed, (including allowing us to upload our own dividers) went into this feature.

Although, the bugs caused by this did cause some limitations, such as not being able to save sites properly, not being able to connect the content manager to strips without issues, and images disappearing etc.

But once those are patched, I’m gonna love using the feature

1 Like

I have not been this stoked for a new feature release in a long time. This is AMAZING. Thanks Wix!

BETA Re-Opened: Strip Shape Divider (Wix Editor)

Beta is now open in the Wix Editor.

We’re pleased to re-open an improved version of the beta for WIx Partners.

What’s new?

• Bug fixes :slight_smile:

• UI/UX changes

• Ability to play BG Videos on mobile

• Uploaded custom Shape Dividers can be edited & recolored (Stretch / Repeat)

• Improved coloring experience

• Over 200 curated Shape Dividers in Wix’s free content catalog

*Note - For strips with dynamic backgrounds - Currently Wix Data does not support strip shape dividers but this will be completed in the next few weeks .

4 Likes

Awesome! Glad things have been fixed so quickly.

I did notice that the back button says !back!

Looking forward to testing it out again :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like