Feature Release: New Marketplace Overview

I love this in theory- the issue is that I currently have is that I have tons of leads that I will now have to sort through to figure out who I ended up working with, who hasn’t responded to me, etc. I can’t easily search for a lead to submit a project. An example- I have leads from March and April that I’m still working on because the sites are complex and I’m waiting on content from the client, etc. I have to sort through too many leads to be able to find them. Is there a way we could make it easier to categorize leads or search for them? Or as someone mentioned, change the type of service we provided? My dashboard says I have a very low rate of Website Redesigns, but that’s a large bulk of what I do, actually. They just don’t come in as that.

I looooove all the changes that have been made to Wix Partnerships lately and am super grateful. I would just also love to see some improvements. Where can I submit feature requests? I have a few that would just change life for the better. :blush:

I echo this!

1 Like

Also, the ability to easily add a site through the Partner Dashboard is gone.

Nice Job, WiX! :slight_smile: Works great for me! Furthermore it would be perfect, if I could click on e.g. “Classic Website” and then I get a list of all requests of this category :wink: Just an idea, which would help me in my daily work.
Daniel

1 Like

Hi @neverlatekait we completely understand the current difficulties in finding past leads. Please be patient with us while we solve it!

I’ve also heard from a few other Partners that, as you mentioned, the ability to recategorize projects is important. It’s something we are exploring.

You can always submit feature requests here by including #featurerequest. Myself and other PM’s review this forum regularly.

@hallo That’s a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

Is there a way to mark a lead as “in progress” on my end?

2 Likes

This would also be a request from my side :wink: At the moment I have a list of leads “I am intersted in” and for which I contacted the customer. But it would also be great to mark requests where I got a positive feedback from the customer to start with. Currently the list is mixed.

@skscreative currently, you cannot mark a lead as in-progress, only your client can do this. We’re working on updates to how all the statuses work though.

This comment is a mix of feedback for Overview + Project Leads . It’s a cool feature but it would be GREAT if we could select multiple leads and mark them all as “Not Working On This Project” along with the specific tag.

My reasoning behind that is that I have over 205+ requests that were spammy or literally just didn’t respond and they’re all affecting my “Overview” but it takes so long to go through each one of them one by one that they’ve just been stacking up.

When I first started, I had selected many “Services” options but I’ve optimized since then and now get more qualified leads. I really hope you can make this happen soon.

Please see attached screenshot for reference.

#featurerequest

I do not know what is in the works with the Wix Marketplace, but it needs extra features. I created a poll via Facebook and these are what many designers have listed:

1 Like

@info99200 thanks for the feedback. I completely understand the pain point regarding bulk actions on leads. The Overview wasn’t built to address this, but we do want to solve this issue as well.

I have been hearing a lot about the Designer’s current rates from the Wix Marketplace based on the number of leads that come in and the number leads that are converted into submitted projects.

It has been said that the Wix Marketplace can remove designers if they do not reach 1% or more conversion. Is this true?

How does that work? Designers have the number of total of leads since they joined Wix Markplace (before, Wix Arena). I am sure there are Designers, maybe, in this forum or Wix Partners, tried “worldwide” clients and more than 10+ services. But yet cannot get a conversion because of the budget of the client, no response, and so forth. Which makes their conversion rates lower than 1%.

Would it be fair to do the statistics by month? I know for myself I made a lot of changes over the years, such as being selective of which countries or services. But sure, I have made mistakes in the past because it seemed to be the right idea, not in the long run, no. Maybe refreshing the total leads should be optional (with good reason) of course.

How does this work for the Designer’s price range? Of course, there are designers that will convert submitted projects if they charge around $300-$600 for a full website What about designers who have a higher price range? Why would they “punished” if they do not convert because the client has a low budget? Budget limits from their clients will be challenge.
Maybe there is should be a point system for every dollar the designer made with a submitted project.
For example: If Designer A and B get 1 point per dollar.

If Designer A submitted 3 projects of:
$350, $400, $250 =$1000 dollars =1000pts

If Designer B submitted 1 project of:
$1000 dollars = 1000pts

They both get recognition for their hard work. It seems that those Designers who look for a higher price range (to match their worth) does not get validated on the Wix Marketplace.

Any thoughts about these points about the Wix Marketplace?

#featurerequest

1 Like

Thanks Monique for your feedback and #featurerequest, we will address your suggestions to the relevant team. In the meantime some of your questions can be answer in the Wix Markertplace instructions and the Terms and Conditions .

1 Like

Thanks @Monique! This is great feedback.

Could you clarify what is meant by Website GDPR compliance? The Marketplace is fully DGPR compliant. Are you referring to offering GDPR compliance as a service option clients can choose?

Hi @info24447 The best resource for the questions your asking is the Marketplace Terms of Use: https://www.wix.com/marketplace/terms-of-use

If you have not already, you also may want to check out the Marketplace Lead Matching Guidelines: https://www.wix.com/marketplace/partner-guidelines

At this time, Wix does not have a practice/policy of removing Partners from the Marketplace simply due to 1% or lower completion rate. However, Wix reserves the right to remove Partners from the Marketplace at any time.

We look at a number of factors when matching Partners with leads. We are also constantly updating the matching process to optimize the experience for both Partners and users who submit project requests. The things you mention with respect to lead matching - price, time period, tenure in the Marketplace - are all things that my team and discuss constantly. Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

Hi, When I click on link that you have given above that is redirecting to me Partner page but I am unable to see Marketplace that you shown in featured image. its not working for me. please do it for me too

Question with this new setup i no longer can see my projects in progress and not completed yet. I can’t find any of them now to submit when they are done. Also I can’t see the leads i have contacted and not closed out. am i missing something??

Is there a way when updating the status in projects, for the redirect to take me back to projects? Is there a setting Im missing? It takes me back to leads. Then I have to click back to projects, then I have to resort again to contacted and scroll aaaaall the way down to the lead I need to update. It’s a bit time consuming.

Hi! I have forwarded your feedback to the team. Regarding the redirect you’re seeing, I checked with the team and it shouldn’t be taking you to your leads dashboard. I recommend submitting a support ticket so it can be reviewed by our marketplace team.